Finals fever….the time of year when college students begin to realize that they have ten different projects due in two weeks, when attendance in class starts to drop, and when you see the library quickly start to fill up more than it has all semester. I’m here to tell you that now is not the time to give up. Most students seem to have a more difficult time with the spring semester than they do with the fall because of the warm weather coming back and the temptation of summer activities on everyone’s mind. After all of the hard work, long study hours, and stressful nights staying in rather than going out it’s important to stay focused, keep the end goal in mind, and keep making the last sacrifices of the semester.
Here are some tips on how to stay organized and make it through to those long summer nights full of fun adventures and memories:
- Utilize your planner…make sure to write down the due dates of every project that’s left in the semester
- Make time for sleep, even if it’s only 5 hours that’s still better than trying to function after pulling an all-nighter
- Hit up the gym, it’s a good place to release your stress and get yourself some endorphins
- Make it a habit to eat healthy even while stressed; you’ll feel better physically and mentally
- Find the time for friends, social activities will help take your mind off your never-ending amounts of homework
Remember, giving up now will only ensure failure in a class and potentially having to do the work all over again. So, take a chill pill, keep up the hard work, and tell me what your secret to success in school is in a comment below!